This was really easy and didn't take much time at all. I got this off of one of my favorite websites Wholesome Baby Food.
1. Wash and poke holes in sweet potato with fork then wrap sweet potatoes in tin foil - do not peel for baking/microwaving.
2. Place in a 400 degree oven and bake for 30-60 minutes or until soft
3. Remove skins by slitting the sweet potato lengthwise when cooled then scoop out the "meat".
4. At this point you can either use a blender or a food processor to puree the "meat". I don't recommend adding water to puree it because it may seperate when you freeze it.
5. Place pureed food into ice cube tray. Each cube makes approx. 1 oz.
(I baked 2 sweet potatoes and got 16 oz.)
1 day ago