May 9, 2011

Yard Work

I've been learning how to take care of the yard the past few weeks (this is the first time we've had a yard in our 7 years of marriage). I have to admit, I'm enjoying it much more than I thought I would. First of all, because I get to be outside in the sun! Oh how I love the sun! Second, there's just something so relaxing about mowing the grass. Third, its nice to look at it when you're done and know that it looks that good because YOU did it!!



Anyway, our yard is brand new and, therefore, is far from looking perfect. We have been having a hard time getting rid of the weeds. Something I learned this week is that it is much easier to get the weeds out (all the way to the root) when the grass is wet. I just thought I would share for those of you who are amateur yard workers like me :)

No comments: